Saturday, July 30, 2011

deceitful country

I should be at Adit and Priyanka's housewarming party, and I've no doubt that I will hear incessant complaints about my absence, but I just couldn't rally my cold-struck self for the monumental task of getting there, being friendly, and coming back. Adit called me this morning while I was still in bed to harass me about whether I was coming or not, and I assured him that I would, but as the day progressed, the chances diminished considerably.

Yes, I've reached the extremely whiny phase of my illness. I did make a doctor's appointment, but as it's not until the 9th of August, I have a feeling that we will be discussing my ulcer rather than my cold (unless the cold is still around in a week and a half, in which case it will certainly need to be discussed). I also made some efforts toward finishing the task of unpacking my room; there are still two boxes that I haven't unpacked during the last three moves, so I'm not sure what to do with them, and I need to hang photos, put away the last bits of office supplies, and sort all the mail that's come in over the past month. But, the room is close to livable, which means I should be able to start writing next week (or hopefully this weekend) without feeling like I'm living in a sty.

My efforts exhausted me, though, and I took a nap from 6:30 to 7:30 in an attempt to rally for the party. 7:30 turned to 8:30, and I dragged myself into the shower hacking and coughing -- which Terry apparently heard, since she returned from LA while I was trying to wake up. I'd already decided I couldn't go, but when I stumbled downstairs in search of strong, sweet mint tea, she confirmed it with one horrified look at my ill self. So, I sat on the couch and drank my sweet mint tea while watching last night's premiere of "Project Runway" with her -- not my original plan for the night, but much more suited for my stamina.

And now, I shall go to bed, and hopefully I'll get past the whiny stage tomorrow, even though I'm still deep enough into the illness that it will probably be at least a few more days before I'm feeling better. Sigh. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feel better sara :(
-ritu