Saturday, July 23, 2011

germania

The rest of my day, after my midday post, was v. lowkey - perhaps too lowkey, thanks to some poor planning and a lack of desire on my part to go out in search of strangers to befriend. I met up with Vidya at the appointed time, and we had the worst lunch we've had on this trip, which was unfortunate given how much good food there is here. Then we went to Kreuzberg and had a drink (tea for me, wine for Chandlord) at a cool cafe right on the riverbank. It wasn't raining today, which was a miracle, so we quite enjoyed ourselves.

After that, we wandered around the area and saw an art installation of painted panels from the Berlin Wall (called the East Side Gallery - it's a permanent fixture on the river), then had some delicious ice cream. It was after this that our plans fell apart, since we tried to take a boat tour that never arrived at the dock it was supposed to leave from. At that point we were both tired and I, at least, was cranky from my sore throat, so we came back to the apartment, where I wrote and Chandlord read. This wasn't enough activity for her, so she left in search of the people we met at the bar last night, while I stayed behind to nurse my cold and my hatred of people.

Hopefully tomorrow will get things back in gear, provided Chandlord doesn't die tonight - we're going to do some flea market stuff, etc., so I'm praying it doesn't rain. And now I'm going to log onto data roaming just long enough to publish this post, which will probably cost me a million dollars - the things I do for the blog. Goodnight!

No comments: