Sunday, July 31, 2011

moon river

I'm still sick, and so shirked the only task I had for the day (driving down to the southernmost part of the glorious south bay for a picnic in honor of the friend who passed away three months ago). That may make me a terrible person, but given how much I was coughing this morning, it was probably for the best. Instead, I got up, ate some breakfast, watched some tv with Terry (the last two thirds of "Mamma Mia", which I find vastly entertaining), and eventually wandered upstairs to shower and do some work. I didn't get any writing done today, but I did start trying to pin down a name for my female lead character - she's got a couple of different working names going, but I feel like I should know her name before I start writing her in earnest. Or maybe that's just the procrastination talking - I shall write tomorrow whether I know her name or not.

Even though I wasn't feeling well, I was craving Mexican food (which I hadn't had in ages, given my trips to Germany and New York), and so I conned Terry into dinner. We stopped by the mall first so that she could use some points that were expiring tomorrow, and I refrained from buying anything (mostly because current 'fashion' with the flowy dropped waists makes me look frumpy and oversized, not because I was being particularly good about expenses). After the mall, we had Mexican food, stopped at the grocery store, and came home. Then, Lisa and Doug (and their daughter Ellie) showed up for a surprise visit; they're in town from LA for the weekend and wanted to see the place, which we duly showed them. Then, Doug took Ellie back to the hotel, while Terry, Lisa and I sat around and discussed life for an hour or two.

And now, I shall go to bed; if I'm going to get to a solid draft by October 1, there's no time to waste. Goodnight!

No comments: