Sunday, July 10, 2011

when you see my face, i hope it gives you hell

I should have gone to bed ages ago, but sometime around midnight I started to realize just how much I need to get done before I leave for Germany on Wednesday, so I slogged for a couple of hours instead. Today was generally much lazier than it should have been. I didn't get out of bed until after ten, and then I sat around for awhile and ate breakfast with Terry. I did eventually drag myself up to my room and work on unpacking, and today's focus was my closet - so the good news is that I now have my clothing, shoes, bags, makeup, and other girly accoutrements organized so that I can easily see what I need to take with me when I leave for Germany. I also finished unpacking from my New York trip just in time to pack again.

I took a lovely break from my productivity, though, since Priyanka came over for tea and a tour of the new place. She marveled appropriately at my miraculous teamaker, and then we hung out for a couple of hours before I drove her home so that she could avoid the horrors of the bus. Then, I spent the afternoon and early evening alternating between unpacking and procrastinating before throwing in the towel entirely around 7:30 and making myself dinner (a hamburger and some potatoes, yay midwest). Terry and I then proceeded to watch a couple of episodes of "Bones" and a bit of one of the Harry Potter movies before she went to bed and I came back upstairs with the intention of going to bed as soon as I cleared a path to it...

...and instead I finished organizing my linen closet and created a detailed trip itinerary for zee Germany excursion, and reviewed my list of what else I need to do before then. Sigh. I'm v. excited about Germany, but I'm suddenly not excited by the next four days and what I need to accomplish before I go. But, I'm sure it will all get done, and I will be happier for it. And now, it's time for bed -- goodnight!

No comments: