Monday, August 15, 2011

and aim for my heart if you feel like

Today was a lovely cap to a hectic weekend -- I'm glad that the weekend progressed as it did, but I do wish that I'd gotten a chance to write today in my brief downtime between events. I slept fitfully last night, as expected since I had been drinking and was sleeping on a daybed in Adit and Priyanka's living room -- I don't sleep well if I've been drinking and I can't sleep in strangers' beds, so once the first exhaustion wore off, I woke up a little after eight and just laid there dozing until Chris and Connie woke up. We sat around and chatted for awhile, but Adit and Priyanka never materialized, so we finally left. I needed food, so I walked down the block to the Castro Samovar in search of some food and caffeine. Unfortunately, I thought my chai was much worse than all the version of chai that I've had there, like the milk had been scalded. Also, the service was generally quite bad, led by the greeter who had the poor judgment necessary to wear a red thong under v. thin white linen pants (with a belly-baring button down tank top).

So I eventually fled the Castro, came home, caught up online, and slept for a copule of hours. Then Pincus called, which was an excellent motivator to get out of bed, through the shower, and out on the street to meet him. We actually met at Adit's, even though he wasn't there, because the parking situation is better than it would be here. We walked around the Castro and through Dolores Park for an hour or so, and since Adit still wasn't back from his afternoon event, we then drove to my place, toured about, and spent some quality time talking about life. Adit and Priyanka showed up sometime around 7pm, and we spent the usual ridiculous amount of time that it requires us to make dinner plans. We'd finally settled on Tacolicious, but a block down the street, Adit mentioned "60 Minutes", I expressed disappointment at not being included even though I had walked away from our roommate relationship in the past, and then suddenly we had turned around and were on our way back to the Mission amongst much laughter.

I must say that Papalote's is an excellent burrito shop, and their homemade salsa is the best thing I've tasted in an age. So we hung out there, ate, and went back to Adit and Priyanka's apartment to watch "60 Minutes". Yes, we're old. I came home before watching "Entourage", though, and with the realization that I've barely slept the last two nights and haven't done any writing, I'm going to go to bed now and hit it hard tomorrow so that I can have fun in the evening. Goodnight!

No comments: