Saturday, August 06, 2011

by the time you hear this i will have already spiralled up

I didn't write a single word today, which means tomorrow is going to need to be crazy productive - hopefully I dream of some plots tonight so that I can make progress. But despite the lack of writing, I had a lovely day; I woke up around ten, showered, ate my ulcer-friendly bagel for breakfast, and started staring at the manuscript. I hadn't looked at it very long before it was time to get ready for Natasha and Chris's baby shower; it feels liks just yesterday that I was at their wedding shower in the same place (Natasha's parents' house in Belmont), and now they're about to pop out a kid. Craziness. Anyway, the baby shower was super fun. I saw a lot of people from work that I hadn't seen in awhile (since Natasha's birthday party in April, to be exact), and I love Natasha's family, so that was fun. They hired some people to cater the equivalent of a taco truck, with a grill and a whole condiments spread set up in the driveway, and I'm happy to report that the ulcer let me eat two small quesadillas (one with chicken, and one with the riskier carnitas - but they were small and I spaced them out, so they snuck under the ulcer's radar). Natasha is a super cute pregnant lady, as expected, and they're going to be v. entertaining parents, so hopefully everything goes well.

After the baby shower, Terry and I came back up to the city, and I sat down at the desk and procrastinated for a bit before thinking about writing. But then I made arrangements with Jessica for her to come over for dinner, with pizza and Anthony and Dormain in tow, so I spent an hour cleaning the apartment instead. I hadn't seen Anthony and Dormain in ages; they've gotten married since I saw them last, but otherwise they seem to be the same as always (entertaining and ridiculously cute). They circled for parking forever, but eventually made it up to the house, where we spent a couple of hours enjoying pizza, wine, homemade cookies (with peanut flour - who knew?), and tea. After they left, Terry and I watched an episode of Bones, which would have been better if I hadn't immediately guessed the killer, and now I"m going to go to bed early in hopes of writing a million words tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: