Saturday, August 20, 2011

come - we have borscht

I had a v. low-energy day -- it started when I didn't want to crawl out of my cozy bed to drive through the fog to the south bay, and it didn't really improve from there. That's not to say that I didn't have fun; my training session with Alyssa was good, as usual, and you'll find out momentarily that I actually left the house tonight and did something entertaining (yay for me). But the salad I had at my beloved Joanie's Cafe made me feel slightly queasy, since my stomach is no longer hurting but isn't exactly perfect, and I was sleepy on the drive home, so I took a nap when I got here. I did eventually write a few pages of zee non-gargoyle young adult book, and I'm slowly figuring out what happens next, so hopefully I'll make some progress this weekend.

Terry got home from work and watched me eat some slightly stale bread with peanut butter (not that stale bread is better for my stomach, but it's what I had leftover from dinner on Monday), and then we walked over to Fort Mason to watch an improv show. We were going to check out the food trucks that are set up in Fort Mason on Friday nights, but since I didn't feel like eating, we just went straight to the theatre and grabbed seats. Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan (aka Nathan) met us there, and we had a delightful time. It was a longer version of improv than I've seen before -- the show was two hours, and they improved an entire movie-length love story. There were parts that were truly hilarious, and there was one particularly attractive dude who looked a lot like Robert Pattinson and who also drove some of my favorite plot points, so score for that. The show basically managed to appeal to all my interests -- a love story set in the 1800s, with a guy who goes to India, and another guy who ends up kidnapping him and taking him to Moscow. Needless to say, I was utterly delighted. They're doing a Jane Austen themed improv show on my birthday, so you can guess where I'll be celebrating my thirtieth...

After the show, we grabbed cupcakes from a truck right before it closed down, and then Lauren and Nathan gave us a ride home. And now I should really consider going to bed, since I have grand plans to write tomorrow morning before attending to my exciting social calendar. Goodnight!

No comments: