Monday, August 01, 2011

i'm on the edge with you

I treated today like my first day back at work - I even put on manager pants and a sweater, despite the fact that I had no plans to leave the house. Of course, I didn't get out of bed until almost eleven, but I blame my lingering cough for that. When I did get out of bed, I showered, made myself both lunch and dinner (hamburger + corn for lunch, and spaghetti sauce for dinner since I needed to use up the rest of the hamburger before it went bad), ate, and then sat at my desk and stared at my manuscript. I eventually wrote six pages, which is my daily goal right now, so I was pleased about that. But, I don't know exactly what happens next, and so progress ground to a halt so that I could give my subconscious a chance to come up with a story.

When I stopped writing, I called my parents to make up for not talking to them yesterday due to the timing of book club. Then I tried to write some more, but didn't get very far, and so I threw in the towel. I was making my spaghetti when Terry got home, and so we hung out while making and eating our dinners. Then we watched an episode of "Bones", and then I spent a bit of time considering the secondary character who popped up at the end of the chapter I just finished so that I can write the next chapter tomorrow.

But now, I should sleep; I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow, which should be fun and painful, so I should get some rest. Goodnight!

No comments: