Monday, August 22, 2011

since i made it here i can make it anywhere

Amazingly, I accomplished some stuff today, so I suppose I don't have to engage in any self-flagellation tonight. Oh, wait...I didn't write, so self-flagellation is back on the agenda. But I accomplished a bunch of other stuff on my list, mostly related to the apartment; we're trying to actually get some of the decorative elements done before I leave, and we were moderately successful. Terry and I finally laid down the rug that has been rolled up and leaning in the corner of the living room since we moved in, and it looks great. We also agreed on how many photos we're hanging in the living room, so I need to order some prints and find some hardware for the frames. I also unpacked my last three boxes and discovered that one box was all used packing paper (which I recycled), one box was stuff I actually wanted (including a bunch of silverware that I had been missing since moving to Adit's), and once box was some small decorative stuff that I actually wanted to put out. So hopefully I can clean up and put away those last bits of stuff before I leave for my trip so that my room is finally done (or at least as done as I can get it before Thursday morning).

Between doing decorative stuff and procrastinating from doing the decorative stuff, that took most of the day. I called my parents around four p.m. and caught up with them for an hour or so, and then took care of a few more little things before finally leaving the house and driving down to Belmont to have dinner at Shedletsky's house. Dinner was make your own pizza, and I was quite smug that my sauce:topping:cheese ratio was perfect and didn't cause my crust to disintegrate like some of my other dining partners' attempts. It was great to see them; I hadn't seen Shedletsky in several months, but he seemed to be in fine form. I finally left around ten p.m. and drove home, where I have procrastinated and planned for tomorrow until now. And now I shall go to bed; I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow instead of Tuesday, so I have to get up and go down to Palo Alto in the morning. Bleh. Goodnight!

No comments: