Tuesday, August 30, 2011

this love has taken control

Today was pretty much not a vacation day - which is good, since it's a Monday and I should be working rather than being completely funemployed. I slept late, as per usual, although not any later than I should have, and then caught up with the online world before finally taking a shower and eating lunch. I spent the afternoon out on the back patio, watching warily for grasshoppers who threatened to destroy my enjoyment of the great outdoors and attempting to work on the non-gargoyle book. I succeeded, with much wailing and gnashing of teeth (my wailing and gnashing, although the grasshoppers would have gnashed if they'd gotten the chance), and managed to string together eight pages even though I kept wanting to quit. Yay for me, right?

I celebrated this glorious occurrence by eating roast beef; my mother made a roast for dinner, which was v. delicious. We then adjourned to the living room for our usual after-dinner ritual of watching whatever fine programming happens to be on CBS; tonight it was one of their comedy blocks followed by "Hawaii Five-O", and I may have to get into that show this fall given that I have a violent crush on Alex O'Loughlin. However, I was only half paying attention to the show, since I put in another five hours of work or so after dinner while the tv was playing in the background. This work was all related to my consulting business rather than my personal writing, but I feel better for having done it even if my to-do list exploded as a result.

And now, after a supremely boring post, I shall go to bed. I have grand plans to have lunch with my mother and take more photos of her hoard tomorrow, so I really should sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: