Thursday, October 20, 2011

the bleeding love, the silent escape

I don't have a lot to share tonight. Today got off on a bad note; I was only able to work out with Alyssa for thirty minutes because there was a tractor-trailer accident/fire on 101 heading out of the city that shut down the entire southbound freeway, and so I had to figure out an alternate escape. But, Alyssa was good and the workout was still enough to make my legs sore, so clearly it was useful. After working out, I showered, left the gym (but not before finally meeting Subz's mother, who also trains with Alyssa), went to Sprout, and ate a salad while catching up on social media stuff (hey, it's part of my job).

Even though I was in the mood to slough off and do nothing, I went to Stanford library after lunch and spent three hours working on copy edits for Madeleine and Ferguson's book. I'm done with them, with the exception of putting the last few edits into the actual manuscript, so I can get back to Malcolm and Amelia's book tomorrow. Then, I sped south to Mountain View to have an earlyish (5:30 is pretty early, right?) dinner with Heather (aka dear respected madam) at Shana Thai. We had much to catch up on, since I hadn't seen her since our slumber party a few weeks ago, and while the slumber party (and dim sum the next morning) were awesome, there were also boys in attendance, so we couldn't really gossip to our hearts' content. Tonight we covered more territory over green curry, crispy tofu, and spicy eggplant, which made my tastebuds very happy (although my stomach has been gurgling, which will interest Alyssa greatly - she's having me cut out gluten this week, and while I thought I'd succeeded, there may have been gluten in some of the sauces tonight).

I finally parted ways with Heather around 7:30, then drove back to the evil city, where I spent some quality time with Terry. Then I spent the last two hours answering email, etc. - necessary, but not exciting. Perhaps tomorrow will be more exciting, but I doubt it. Goodnight!

No comments: