Friday, October 28, 2011

i can't see the thief that lives inside of your head

I was moderately productive today; I say moderately because even though I wrote some good pages, I didn't write as many of them as I would have liked, and crunch time is imminent. Some would argue that crunch time is already upon me, but I tend to have this weird innate sense of when I'm at the point of no return and must devote all of my energy to getting something done in time for a deadline. Oddly, that sense hasn't fired yet. Yes, I'm at the point of stress and fear, but the moment where I kick it into high gear is probably another 3-5 days away. And then...and then, shit is gonna get crazy up in here.

I woke up around 5:30am due to a mild earthquake, which shook me hard enough to wake me, and then made me do some researching on my phone about foreshocks, since we've had more mild earthquakes than usual in the past couple of months. Verdict: no one knows how to predict an earthquake, and no one can tell if something is a foreshock until after the main event has happened, which seems pretty useless to me. Stupid. So I went back to sleep and slept until 9:30, which was lovely. I messed around the house, put away some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, showered, etc., and was just getting ready to work when my friend Vivi (not her real name) arrived for some quality writing time.

And I must say that, surprisingly, I got a lot done. I wasn't sure I would get much done since we didn't do so well on the productivity front when we got together last weekend, but we did much better today. We worked at my place for a couple of hours, then relocated to Morning Due and ate lunch while working some more. When I needed to move my car, we came back here and continued to work (with some gossip/talking thrown in) until Terry came home. Terry had her coworker Angela with her, and we went to Roam and grabbed burgers before coming back here and introducing Angela to "Bones" (if you spent any significant time with Terry, she will someday get you to watch it -- so take that as fair warning). By the time "Bones" was over, it was almost time for the season finale of "Project Runway". So, Terry took Angela home, then came back and watched with me and Vivi.

It was a good episode -- I wasn't as in love with any of the collections as I wanted to be, but I'll take it (and won't say anything else in case you're tivoing it). Then Terry went to bed and Vivi and I watched the premiere of "Project Accessory", which managed to be both amazing and boring at the same time. Vivi left a little bit ago, I took care of some emails, and now I desperately need to sleep -- I've had a smashing headache all day that even my ulcer-inducing Aleve couldn't fix, and I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow. The good news is that my stomach hasn't been hurting; the bad news is that I will never eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich again, which is the latest sad food realization to strike me. Goodnight!

No comments: