Sunday, October 09, 2011

i keep hitting repeat

I was unbelievably lazy today...so lazy that I sort of just want to go to bed and leave the day unblogged as the ultimate sign of laziness. I woke up sometime around ten a.m. with a teensy weensy hangover (apparently 2.5 mai tais, on top of two glasses of wine, was approximately 1 mai tai too many), and so I spent the morning in a lowkey fashion, doing a load of laundry, showering, etc. I ate some leftover hamburger for breakfast/lunch, and was just finishing up when Terry came home with limes for cosmopolitans and a desire to drink on the roof whilst watching the Fleet Week air show activities. I was more than amenable to this plan, so we had a cosmo on the roof and chatted about life while watching some awesome aerial stunts.

I did force myself to take an hour away from the fun after my first cosmo so that I could wrap up a post I'm doing for the group romance blog next week, so at least I accomplished one important thing on my to do list. After I finished that, Terry made more cosmos just in time for us to watch the Blue Angels, who were remarkable. It was a perfect day for watching an air show and doing some day drinking, and our patio was a perfect place to host both of those activities. Properly soused by the end of the air show, we retreated indoors and watched the first bit of the Stanford/Colorado game (which was so bad that I almost felt sorry for the Buffaloes). We went out in search of supper after that, and it's a good thing we went to Perry's when we did; at six p.m. we only had to wait five minutes for a table, but when we left the restaurant, it was crawling with people. Union Street was in full Marina form, to the point that I just wanted to escape and barricade myself in my apartment as soon as possible -- a lot of drunk, douchey twenty-three-year olds stumbling around and being loud (which now makes me feel like I should shake my fist at the damn kids and tell them to get off my yard, since I've clearly turned old sometime in the last few years). But, dinner was lovely, and I can handle a few minutes of people watching as long as I'm not condemned to repeat it.

Post dinner, Terry and I came back to our apartment and did some desultory television watching (mostly "Raising Hope", which is awesome). And then my friend Vivi (not her real name) showed up! I had some advance warning that she was coming; she's still figuring out what her long term plan is, but for tonight she's sleeping on my couch. We spent several hours discussing life (losing Terry at some point to the lure of her bed), but now I really must sleep so that I can get some tings done tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: