Wednesday, November 23, 2011

step step you're too slow...speed it up

I didn't go straight to bed last night, since I decided to read an excerpt from an upcoming Kresley Cole book (LOTHAIRE, which I've been waiting for not-so-patiently for ages). But when I did go to bed at midnight, I was apparently so tired that I slept for twelve hours with no problems, and so I didn't get out of bed until after noon. Hopefully this means I'll be less tired for the next few days, but we shall see.

When I did get out of bed, I was still feeling lazy, and so I messed around online, got dressed, and spent some quality time watching tv in the kitchen while my mother prepared the advance portions of tomorrow's Thanksgiving feast. It turns out I really like the Nate Berkus show (although I just lost more time than I care to admit to reading about the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, since he lost his partner in Sri Lanka when they were both swept out of their hotel); he's an Oprah protege who does design, cooking, and fashion segments, all of which were entertaining. I eventually came downstairs and thought about working, although I didn't get much done. Then we all ate supper (teriyaki), and then my [censored] convinced me to watch three episodes of "Dr. Who", which I've never watched. Katie will be devastated to learn that I really enjoyed them, but hopefully she's come to accept that I like sci-fi/fantasy stuff and will still love me.

After running away from the television, I did do about an hour of work; it wasn't writing, but it was plotting out my publication schedule for the next year or so. I'll have a better idea of what's possible once I finish Malcolm/Amelia's book and write Ellie/Nick's book, but I'm hoping to write a book every 4ish months. It's doable but not easy, so we'll see. I also need to decide whether to focus solely on Regency or take some time to finish my gargoyles book; I want to write the gargoyles (even though they have nothing to do with gargoyles), but sales are typically better if you're releasing frequently in the same/related series, so we'll see.

And now I must go to bed so that I don't sleep through Thanksgiving dinner -- goodnight!

No comments: