Wednesday, November 09, 2011

you gotta crawl 'fore you walk

I was pretty productive today, although I could have been even more productive had I not made what turned out to be an unnecessary drive to the glorious south bay. I woke up relatively early, did some work, showered, etc., and eventually made my way around my block to my polling place so that I could vote. My civic duty thus accomplished, I came home, did some more work, and then decided that a change of scene was in order. Since I was supposed to go to my writing group tonight, I drove down to Stanford and hoped that the library would revitalize me. However, after sitting for a couple of hours, I decided that my headache and cough were still too much to bear, and so I canceled on the writing group and drove home. I felt guilty, but since I can feel guilty over just about anything, I decided to forgive myself.

As I was getting home, Katie called, and we caught up for a lovely hour or so. And then I proceeded to work the rest of the night; my headache may well be stress-induced, and I'm trying to make great strides this week so that I can go into the week before Thanksgiving with a better sense of my manuscript. I spent some quality time tonight reevaluating where I'm going with the rewrite in an effort to make sure I'm not throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and discovered that I may be able to rescue at least a few limbs even if I can't save the entire thing. So, that's good news. And now, after a v. boring blog post, I shall go to bed and hit it hard again tomorrow -- goodnight!

No comments: