Monday, December 19, 2011

burning out his fuse up here alone

First off, I hope that my mother and Chandlord both had utterly lovely birthdays! While I'm sad that I can't celebrate with both of them, celebrating with my mother is better protection for my liver and my vocal chords than any party at a gay piano bar, so I suppose it's a good thing I'm in Iowa instead of San Francisco tonight.

Today was quite lowkey; my father made brunch for us, consisting of scrambled eggs with sausage/peppers/onions, fried potatoes, and ambrosia (all yummy). Then, my mother opened her birthday presents, then got what she really wanted, which was a couple of uninterrupted hours to watch her beloved Iowa State Cyclones play basketball. While she did that, I proofread HEIRESS for awhile, and then spent an inordinate amount of time exploring possible Christmas gifts. I'm almost done shopping, which is a good thing, even if I spent hours on it today that I really didn't have to sacrifice.

I did manage to catch "60 Minutes", which included a piece on a pristine coral reef off the coast of Cuba and a great interview with Meryl Streep. We ate supper (leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc., which was just as tasty today as it was yesterday), then watched the finale of "Survivor", which managed to break my heart even though I didn't watch all season. Then I did some more Christmas stuff, did some Wikipedia research, and proofread until now. Hopefully I can finish proofreading tomorrow so I can get back to SCOTSMEN before Malcolm and Amelia commit mutiny and run away to star in some other, faster author's story.

And now, I shall sleep -- goodnight!

No comments: