Saturday, December 10, 2011

i can't tell you what it really is, i can only tell you what it feels like

If I weren't supposed to be writing a book, today would have been unequivocally lovely. I woke up early but not too early (is nine a.m. early? possibly not), drove down to Palo Alto, and worked out with Alyssa. My workout went amazingly badly, since I kept feeling nauseous and lightheaded -- probably because I had trail mix for breakfast on the way down rather than fueling up properly because I wasted too much time prepping a box to send back to Barnes and Noble (which I then left on the kitchen table, alas), but it was still good to see Alyssa. After that I showered and got the smoothie she told me to have, which made me feel better, and I felt fine the rest of the day, so yay to that.

I had to be back at my old place of employment at three p.m. to see Heather (aka dear respected madam), and I needed a place to work until then, so I texted John to see if he was working at a cafe this afternoon. He was, although I ended up not getting a ton of work done; we had lunch, then coffee, then worked for a bit, but I only wrote a few paragraphs of Malcolm and Amelia's story. He had to go to a meeting just as dear respected madam came over to hang out, so she took the chair he vacated, and she and I proceeded to talk for two and a half hours. It was lovely to see her, particularly since I hadn't seen her alone in ages, so we caught up as fully as we could.

Then I looked at my phone and realized that I was ten minutes late for my next plan, which was margaritas and Mexican food with Terry and Lauren (aka Subz). So I sped over there and hung out with them for two hours, which was fantastic; Lauren was in good form, as always, and we compared notes on what we've heard about each other from Alyssa this week, so that was entertaining. Then we all parted ways and drove back to the evil city in our own conveyances. When I got home, Terry and I watched the most recent "Bones", followed by a couple of episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress", which was either the best or the worst possible way to end a Friday night.

And now, my dears, I really must go to bed; I have to be in Berkeley early tomorrow for the monthly romance writers meeting, and so I should sleep immediately. Goodnight!

No comments: