Sunday, December 25, 2011

pa rum pa pum pum

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! It's already Christmas Day in ye olde Iowa, and I must go to sleep immediately so that I may awaken at some ungodly hour for our traditional package opening activities. We celebrated Christmas Eve today, though; my sister and her family came over, so we exchanged gifts and ate foodstuffs with them. My mother made a delicious Christmas Eve dinner (aka lunch), with ham, baked beans, cheesy potatoes, five cup salad (ten cup salad this time, since she doubled the recipe), sweet potatoes, etc. Then, even though we all wanted to take naps, we persevered and opened presents. I got two gluten-free cookbooks from my sister, both of which look really good, so I'm looking forward to trying them when I get back to California, land of alternative flours. And my nieces and nephew seemed to like what they got, as did my grand-niece (great-niece?) -- [censored] and I gave her a purple sock monkey, among other things, and her mother (my niece; try to keep up) said that she already had one. I was disappointed, but then she said that the other sock monkey is red and my grand-niece is scared of it because she thinks it's trying to eat her. She seemed to view the purple sock monkey as a friend, so I think that's a good thing?

After they all left, I took a little bit of a nap, but it wasn't really enough. Then, [censored] and I [censored] another six [censored], with a break in between to eat a variety of leftovers for supper. We also broke so that we could finish wrapping presents for tomorrow, which didn't take long. We only have three [censored] left, which we should get through easily before I go back to California -- yay. And now, I really must sleep -- Christmas comes early! Goodnight!

No comments: