Saturday, December 17, 2011

plum plum plum plum...

I was supremely unproductive today, and it makes me sad. Of course, I slept late, which is to be expected. Then I spent a couple of hours messing around with my computer and my nook; I got back the formatted epub version of HEIRESS today, which I need to proofread in the next couple of days. It was super exciting to see it on my nook, I must say. The cover showed up in the library, just like all the other books, and the initial peek I took at it showed that the formatting looks great and v. professional. So, once I proofread it, it's done, and the fun and trauma of publicizing and getting ready for the launch can begin in earnest.

Sometime in the middle of the afternoon, I decided to brave the wild winds (not really; "brave the wild winds" is the title of the first romance novel I ever read) and go for a walk. However, I only made it as far as the yard. My dad was standing by his fence watching his miniature cattle, which are quite charming, I must say. So I examined them with him while he told me all about them, which was a lovely interlude even if it required no physical effort beyond holding myself upright. Then I returned to the house, had a snack, and eventually realized that I needed to shower immediately, since we needed to leave to go to my niece and nephew's school Christmas program.

We left home shortly after five p.m. and went to the next big town over for supper before the concert. In a nod to my gluten sorrows, we skipped Pizza Ranch and instead had Chinese buffet; it was actually pretty tasty, although it was obviously never going to give Hong Kong Flower Lounge a run for its money. There wasn't a single bean curd in sight, nor were there any chopsticks, but I was satisfied with the rest of it. We also ran into my second-grade teacher, which was nice. Then we went to the small town where my sister lives and sat through an hour of Christmas music. Zane and Allie are in the high school choir (he's a senior; she's a sophomore), and I thought the choir was quite good. The sixth grade band led things off and they were cutely, laughably terrible, as is usually true with sixth grade bands. The high school band was significantly better; I was expecting good things, since that school district usually did well against ours in the marching band competition we always went to (although we win virtually every year, and have since I was in high school). And they were good, although their strength was in their percussion section, which was really quite excellent.

And now that I feel bad for critiquing children, I should go to bed. After the concert, we came home, helped mom get ready for tomrrow's Wampler family Christmas, and then [censored] and I wrapped presents and watched YouTube videos. I must sleep now if I'm going to get up in time to enjoy lunch at a time that will feel like breakfast. Yay. Goodnight!

No comments: