Friday, December 23, 2011

you could be the one that i adore

Hello, dear readers. I'm going to go to bed v. shortly, so this must be brief (and then I must actually go to bed, rather than staying up another hour like I did last night). I slept until noon today (reminder: set an alarm for tomorrow), then spent the afternoon taking care of a variety of tasks that didn't net any new words on zee romance novel. But, I trimmed my bangs, showered, cleaned my room, put on the duvet that had been sitting patiently and awaiting my tender loving care, paid some bills (which necessitated a walk to the mailbox, which was a chore since I was freezing), wrapped [censored]'s Christmas presents (since he was out of the house), etc., so that was all good.

I threw in the towel earlier than usual, though, because I had plans to meet my friend Hannah in town for supper. She was one of my best friends in high school, and while we don't talk often (as is true with me and anyone who doesn't live in San Francisco), we try to get together when I'm in town. Also, we're something like fourth or fifth cousins, if that matters to you people, but since she's cousins with approximately half the town, this isn't really surprising. She was kind enough to drive over here (she lives in the town that my mom and I went shopping in yesterday), and we spent three and a half hours catching up, which was totally lovely. Neither of us had much gossip to share with each other, but we got reasonably caught up on each other's lives, and it was great to see her again.

I got home around 9:30, and then watched the last of "The Mentalist" and had a brief political argument with my dad (such arguments are both happening more often and getting briefer, as always happens during primary season -- and since they're now getting multiple robocalls/night from various candidates, in addition to seeing multiple political ads/commercial block, there are lots of opportunities to get into a discussion). And then I came downstairs, watched the trailer for "The Hobbit", and wrote several pages of Malcolm and Amelia's story. And now I shall go to bed and attempt to write a bit more in the morning before proceeding with the plans I have with [censored] tomorrow -- he wants me to [censored] [censored] all day, and I agreed to it so that he would stop [censored], so it should be fun. Goodnight!

No comments: