Wednesday, January 11, 2012

he took her out to high class places, he made a promise in the dark

You have no reason to believe that I will follow through on this intention, but I think I'm going to go to bed. I know, it's only 10:21pm -- but I haven't been sleeping as much as I usually do, I had an utterly frustrating day, and the rest of my week is looking rough enough that I'm sure a lot of sleep would be beneficial.

The frustrating thing is not that I got nothing done...I basically worked all day without a break. The frustrating thing is that almost none of that was writing; I wrote three pages, which is fine, but not awesome. I spent an absolutely absurd amount of time (1.5hrs) booking travel for someone as part of my role as VP of programs for my local romance chapter (the person wanted to search for flights while I was on the phone with her, which, as you can imagine, was nonideal). I spent two hours prepping for a conference call about the awards ceremony I'm planning, and then an hour on the call itself. I had all sorts of emails and tings to take care of. And I baked a crustless quiche to use some of the ingredients I had left over from this weekend; I substituted milk for the cream to make it more Alyssa-approved, and added bacon since I didn't have any damned dirty vegetarians around to eat it, and it was utterly delicious.

After I got done with all the annoying stuff, it was 7:30pm. I then proceeded to mess around and not be super productive, which is when I realized I should just go to sleep rather than trying to keep forcing it. And so that is what I shall do -- goodnight!

No comments: