Friday, January 06, 2012

i want to kiss you on the mouth and tell you i'm your biggest fan

I'm super exhausted -- I've been on my laptop for about sixteen hours, with a break to see Tammy (who rarely qualifies as a break, amirite?), so it's no wonder my eyes are crossing and my neck feels like it's about to snap. But, I was quite productive as a result of my self-abuse. I had two conference calls this morning, which is obviously unusual -- now that the holidays are over, I need to get busy planning the awards ceremony for this summer's romance writers convention, and so I had a call with the emcee (Victoria Alexander, a famous romance writer, so yay to that) and another call with the assistant chair so that we could solidify the plan and agenda for next week's committee meeting. I think the ceremony will go well, but there's a lot to do between now and then, so don't be surprised if I go insane (shut your mouth about how insane I already am).

After I finished the calls, sent some emails related to the ceremony, and took care of some other romance business, it was two p.m. So, I cleared out of the apartment and went downtown to Samovar, where I wrote for an hour before meeting up with Tammy (aka Tammmehhhhhhh). We'd seen each other at the same restaurant -- nay, the same table -- on Tuesday, but that was with Claude, and we talked more about oliphants than anything related to real life. So we caught up for another couple of hours, leaving me extremely overcaffeinated and jittery (just the way I like it).

When I got home, I sat down on the couch and basically stayed there for eight hours, with a brief break to talk to Terry (without leaving my position) and another brief break to heat up and eat an Amy's enchilada (fuel of the gods). I should have written, but I also need to be thinking about promo for the book that is launching in two and a half weeks (omg), and so I spent several hours updating my romance website and letting my friends know that they should sign up for my mailing list since I intend to never spam them again. If you didn't get an email from me and you'd like to sign up for the mailing list yourself, you can do so here. Exciting, right?

And now, I must must must go to bed; I have to be in Palo Alto tomorrow morning to train with Alyssa, which should be interesting if I can't turn my head. Goodnight!

No comments: