Tuesday, January 10, 2012

she is touring the facility and picking up slack

Remind me never to agree to train with Alyssa at nine a.m. again. Traffic looked fine on my phone when I left the house at 8am, but the traffic site is useless for projecting traffic within the city -- and it took me fifty minutes to go the fifteen miles from my apartment to SFO airport. Since Palo Alto is significantly further south than the airport, you can guess from that stat that I was half an hour late for my hour-long training session. Boo. So we had an abbreviated workout, and then I did cardio for half an hour (double boo) before showering and getting on with my day.

I had a salad at the gym, then cafe hopped throughout the afternoon; I spent three quality hours at Philz Coffee before moving to Starbucks to keep writing for a bit longer. I grabbed an early supper at Chipotle, then went to Stanford library and slogged until after 9pm. All told, I wrote about fifteen pages, which was wonderful and v. necessary. Then I drove home, crawled into my toasty bed, and answered email for the past two hours. I know, you're so jealous of my life.

I hope that more writing awaits me tomorrow, in addition to overcaffeination and an unsatisfactory amount of sleep -- it's like I'm back at work again, only I'm not getting paid. Cheerful, right? Goodnight!

No comments: