Wednesday, February 01, 2012

want you to make me feel like i'm the only girl in the world

I'm going to shut off the internet and write until I fall asleep (which may be sooner rather than later), but I don't want to leave you without a blog post, since I know I'm sooooo interesting. I got a lot done today, which was v. necessary, although some of it was more administrative than actual writing -- keeping on top of everything that's going on is a struggle, but hey, I love me a struggle. And it gives me an excuse to overcaffeinate (not like I need one).

Anyway, I'm rambling. Today was good, with lots of productivity, even if I subsisted on scrambled eggs, coffee, and trail mix, and didn't shower or get dressed until almost five p.m. I probably wouldn't have showered at all, but I'd agreed to do family time dinner with Priyanka/Adit/Katrina in celebration of the end of Priyanka's latest awful two-month nonstop residency rotation and the launch of my beloved book. So I went over to Adit and Priyanka's around seven, drank a few sips of wine (contrary to Alyssa's wishes, but then again, she probably wishes I would live on coffee and trail mix either), and then we all walked to Eiji Sushi for dinner. The food was fantastic; I'd been craving sushi, but the Marina isn't a hotbed of fine sushi dining, so this was exactly what I wanted. Katrina and I split a lot of fish goodness, while Adit and Priyanka confined themselves to the few vegetarian things on the menu, and we generally had a delightful time.

When we were done with dinner, I declined the offer of more wine, drove Katrina home, and then came back here and watched some "Big Bang Theory" with Terry. Then I wasted the last hour trying to gear myself up to write and instead taking care of email and obsessively checking out my Barnes and Noble rankings, because I can't stop checking them. While Heiress is not quite as low as it had gotten on Saturday (currently 214; the lowest I saw it reach was 94), it's still doing remarkably well, and I'm relieved that it's sticking around at the top of the historical/regency lists. Tuesday is traditionally the day when all the new releases hit, which means any preorders for new books are fulfilled today, which means it's natural that my book would take a hit as new books show up. But, fingers crossed that we'll weather this wave and keep doing well for another week or two...and then the fun starts all over again when I need to do some promo pushing to launch it successfully onto the Kindle and in paperback.

But that's all a fight for another day...and while that day is coming quickly, the day when I need to finish Malcolm and Amelia is much sooner. I'm just praying that I've actually made it better and haven't utterly ruined it, but we'll see. And on that utterly non-cheery note, goodnight!

No comments: