Thursday, January 05, 2012

the way she moves in the logic of all my dreams

Must...go...to...bed. I stayed up way way too late last night, and meant to go to bed an hour ago, but started rereading the book that I set aside months ago (Nick and Ellie's story) and read through everything I'd written. It has so much potential, and yet I'm stuck slogging through the quicksand of Malcolm and Amelia's rewrite well beyond the point where I wish to be done. Ugh.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and dragged myself to the gym after about five and a half hours of sleep, which wasn't nearly enough. It was good to see Alyssa, even if the first workout back always seems to be quite difficult -- but I survive to be tortured another day, so that's good. I then showered hastily and spent some quality time in the lobby, eating a smoothie and using their wireless to finish a business school rec for someone and upload it to the appropriate school website with an hour to spare. After that, I intended to go to Stanford library and work for hours and hours, but I realized I was simply too tired. So I grabbed a coffee at Philz, came home, and took a nap. Then, when Terry got home, I spent several hours watching tv with her, with a break to make a wholly unappetizing-looking but utterly delicious dish from some leftover chicken/peppers/onions and some eggs/sour cream/salsa.

Eventually, though, I did buckle down and finally finish the scene I've been loathing and dreading and hating and all sorts of other negative verbs. That doesn't stop me from loathing and hating the rest of it, but at least that bit is over. And so now I shall sleep, and hopefully magically love it all again in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: