Thursday, January 19, 2012

we'd keep all our promises, be us against the world

Everything feels like the calm before the storm right now...the first book is ready to go, I'm attempting to work on the second one, and I'm lining up all my eggs/ducks/whatever for promo for the next few weeks. But right now it's all heady promises and dreams of success -- until Monday, I can believe anything I want to about my chances for success, and so I'm trying to enjoy the feeling while it lasts without getting myself too excited.

So I drove down to Palo Alto and trained with Alyssa, who forgave me for being to hungover to see her on Monday, which was awfully kind of her. Then I ate a smoothie while sitting in the lobby and playing on my ipad; then I went to Philz and drank a coffee while figuring out my promo schedule for the next few weeks; then I went to Printers Ink and answered email while drinking a strawberry soda. Basically I just move around Palo Alto looking for new places to sit every couple of hours, which is always fun. I stuck around there because I had dinner plans with Heather (aka dear respected madam) at 5:30 so that we could catch up on all the things we couldn't discuss during Sunday's dinner party (namely romance novels), so it was great to see her again. I had intended to go to Stanford library after, but by the time we finished it was eight p.m., and so I decided to come home, take care of some desultory business, and throw in the towel.

Sorry this is extremely boring -- my brain is totally done for the day. Goodnight!

No comments: