Sunday, January 15, 2012

you better run for the hills before they burn

Too much work, not enough time...but today was lovely, even if I am way underwater on everything. I woke up at seven and dragged myself to the dirty east bay for a board meeting for the San Francisco romance chapter before the main meeting; luckily we don't have to have a board meeting every time, although since I'm organizing the speakers I'll probably have to show up more than five minutes before the meetings start. Anyway, the meeting went really well; no thanks to me since I didn't book the speaker, but I did get to intro him and then try to pump people up for the next couple of months, since attendance today was a new record compared to every meeting I've been to in the past two years. Obviously people are super keen to hear about CreateSpace/Amazon and everything they can do for authors, so the place was packed. After, I had lunch with Tina, Grace, Bella, Carolyn, and people farther down the table whom I didn't get a chance to talk to. So that was all v. nice, even if it meant that I didn't get home until 2:30.

Upon getting home, I promptly fell into bed and took a nap. When I woke up, I did some stuff online, then threw my sheets in the wash so I wouldn't be tempted to crawl back into bed. Then, I spent the next several hours cleaning the kitchen and dining room and figuring out what I'm going to make tomorrow. I'm having friends over for dinner (aka supper), and since they haven't seen the place before, I wanted it to look nice. So I made some chili, and while that was cooking, I got myself organized. I also spent some quality time outside, sitting on the edge of the courtyard fountain; my next door neighbors had people over for dinner, and they burned something so badly that it set off the fire alarms in the entire complex, and the fire alarms continued to go off until the fire department came. The fire department was there within 5-7 minutes, though, so that's a good thing. And better the neighbors than me -- I made sure to throw them under the bus early and often to everyone who asked if I knew where the fire was, since I didn't want them to think that I had anything to do with it.

So everything is clean that needs to be clean, and I have a meal plan for tomorrow, so I think everything will be good. And now I'm going to go to sleep; I should stay up and finish this interview (written/online) that I'm doing for a friend's historical romance blog, but I'm going to sleep and hope that I'm wittier/funnier/better tomorrow morning. Goodnight!

No comments: