Thursday, March 01, 2012

but i'll never forget the way you feel right now

Today was lovely, albeit busy (and even though I can't possibly do everything I intend to get done this week). I dragged myself out of bed and only hacked up part of my lung, so I guess I'm starting to get a little better. I drove down to Palo Alto to train with Alyssa, who only partially tried to kill me in honor of my illness, and it actually felt good to work out, which is a sign of just how diseased I've become. Then I took a v. v. brief shower, drank part of a smoothie, and got a massage. Alyssa had instructed me to get a massage to help my recovery, and while I don't know whether it was sound advice, it sounded good to me. I had a massage that I'd paid for ages ago, so this felt sort of free, and it really did help (even if I did start coughing while I was getting massaged, which was super awkward).

Post massage, I went to Philz and drank coffee and got super hyped up on caffeine while getting some work done. I talked to my parents for longer than I intended, but then I spent the rest of the afternoon writing an email to my friends and family mailing list to say that Heiress is now available on Kindle and in paperback via Amazon -- yay! I finally got it sent off around 6:45pm, and then I went to Chipotle in an effort to get something other than caffeine into my system. Thus refueled, I should have gone to Stanford to work on Scotsmen, but instead I drove home, where I procrastinated while watching "South Park" with Terry. Oops. Now I'm going to read some stuff I need to read, then go to bed, then get up tomorrow and go to Stanford to work before having dinner with dear respected madam. Scotsmen must get finished immediately -- wish me luck! Goodnight!

No comments: