Sunday, February 26, 2012

i could really use a wish right now

I'm going to go to bed and sleep for ten hours, which sounds absolutely lovely -- I'm still wrecked from my cold and my trip, and I'm supposed to work out with Alyssa tomorrow, which should be a joy (this would be a good place for a "not" joke). I did manage to wake up this morning in time to shower, get to the airport, and fly from Long Beach to San Francisco without any issues at all. Terry was kind enough to pick me up at 8:30am, and so I came home and intended to take a nap before editing all day...

But my plans were immediately thrown off because I walked in the door and found a box on the kitchen table that contained the proof copy of HEIRESS!!! It wasn't supposed to arrive until tomorrow, but it had arrived after I left on Friday, and so I got to hold a real print copy of my book in my hands for the very first time. It was a v. exciting moment, and I adore it so much. So rather than edit SCOTSMEN, I sat at the kitchen table and admired the book for awhile, then admired it some more, then sat on the couch and flipped through every page to check the formatting and make sure that the margins, fonts, sizes, etc. were all correct. Since they were all correct (yay), I finished the publication process for it, and so it should show up on Amazon sometime this week! And then there will be much rejoicing, I'm sure.

Anyway, the joy and my cold pretty much knocked me down for the count, so I stumbled down the street and had a v. unsatisfying breakfast (the place I ate at makes decent gluten free options but could not produce enough coffee to satisfy the whole restaurant, so I only got one and it only showed up halfway into my meal). Then I came home, looked at my book some more, and took a nap. Then I wrote a blog post for a history blog site that I'm up at tomorrow (no link yet, sorry), which took even longer than most guest posts do because I felt the need to be accurate and interesting (a benefit you don't get here!). Then I talked to my parents, who stole my voice from me again. Then I came downstairs and took a break (yay for taking breaks) by watching the Oscars with Terry. We got Indian food delivered and drank a v. nice bottle of wine in honor of my book before we both start being good with our eating and drinking again, and while I probably shouldn't have drank wine given my general health disaster, it was quite enjoyable.

And now I must go to bed; I accidentally watched two episodes of the modern revival of "Upstairs Downstairs", and I think I may be hooked, but I must finish SCOTSMEN before I'm allowed to watch more tv or have any more fun. Goodnight!

No comments: