Sunday, February 12, 2012

i know you can save me and make me feel alive

Today was long, and I'm exhausted; romance meetings take a lot out of me, probably because I revert to my inner introvert and need some alone time after getting up earlier than I do any other day of the month and spending five or six hours being 'on' with people in the industry. But, the meeting went well, and I got my first rose for publishing my first book (they give out fake roses of publishing books -- white for the first book, red for subsequent ones). I suppose I could take as many roses as I wanted, since I now keep the rose box between meetings, but I'm being good, so it was exciting to get my rose. And, while I was in the meeting, I checked my email and got my first bona fide fan email from someone I don't know, which was super exciting! So yay for that.

After the meeting, I had to coordinate some more stuff, then have lunch with the chapter people who stuck around, which always takes way longer than it should since service is kind of ridiculously slow. I ended up not making it home until three, and I was pretty useless after that; I took a nap, did some desultory procrastinating on the internet, took a bath, wrote for a bit, made some notes on the final 2-3 scenes I need to write, and then spent the past four or five hours researching libel/slander, Gothic romances, Romanticism, etc., etc. It's all stuff I needed to look into, but it doesn't make me feel any better about not writing twenty pages tonight. Oh, well, there's always tomorrow. And now I must go to bed so that tomorrow's productivity can start in earnest -- goodnight!

No comments: