Thursday, February 02, 2012

i used to be love drunk, but now i'm hungover

I need to go to bed; I've spent the past three hours reading about the differences of British vs. English vs. Scottish peerages and what those differences mean in terms of who was allowed to sit in the House of Lords, and while that research was necessary at this point in the book, it was still a lot of time to spend doing something other than writing. But I learned a lot about stuff that I'm sure none of you care about, so I'll refrain from geeking out here.

The rest of my day was good; I had to go downtown in the early afternoon to get my bangs trimmed and my brows waxed, which I've now decided to do on the same schedule since a brow wax is v. necessary whenever my bangs are trimmed enough to reveal them. Then I had a late lunch at Jillian's, which was pretty terrible -- the salad was utterly subpar, which was annoying since I'd chosen it over my beloved Samovar in the same complex, but I guess it was better than spending $30 on a bowl of rice. Then I bought groceries, came home, and worked (with a few breaks to keep pounding caffeine) until Terry got off work. We went down the street and had dinner at Perry's, which was a nice break, before I came back here and read about the House of Lords until now.

And now, sadly, I must sleep, and then incorporate all this fascinating research in Malcolm and Amelia's book tomorrow. Malcolm may have just earned himself another title; he's already an earl, and the title has been in his family for centuries, which means it's Scottish, which means he isn't necessarily guaranteed a seat in the House of Lords. So I either need to get him elected as one of the handful of Scottish peers allowed into the Lords, or I need to give him a second title that was created in England or the UK. The second option seems easier, and so hey presto, Malcolm's now Earl of Carnach, Viscount [something]. Sweet. If only I could get a title that easily!

And now that I've gone back on my promise and failed to spare you from the boring details, it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: