Saturday, February 04, 2012

pucker up for heaven's sake, there's never been so much at stake

I need to write another 2000 words, but screw it, I'm going to bed. I've been working nonstop all day (well, I suppose I stopped when I drove, and I stopped when I had coffee with Gyre, but that's fairly negligible from a time standpoint), and I need to do it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that, so sleepy time it is.

So I was supposed to go down to train with Alyssa today, and was even in my gym clothes...but I got an email this morning saying that the designer could do the bookmark/trading cards that I wanted to order for the conferences I'm going to this spring, but if I wanted them in time for the event I'm going to in Long Beach at the end of the month, we must do them *right now* so they can go to the printer on Monday. I forget that getting things printed takes time, since I'm used to all e all the time (that means electronic, not ecstasy, my hyper mood notwithstanding). Since she was doing me a favor by saying her team could do it this weekend, I didn't want to delay -- so I canceled Alyssa and spent an hour figuring out what to put on a prospective bookmark. Fun.

I had to send her the bookmark and leave the trading card questionnaire for tonight, since I had a lunch meeting with my CPA that I didn't want to cancel. It was lovely to see her, as usual, and we discussed my writing situation and whether I should set up an LLC (which I will likely do -- yay for incorporating). Oddly, the lunch meeting then turned into a discussion about whether I should/could get involved in this startup she's involved in, which came completely out of left field since I didn't go into the meeting expecting to discuss job opportunities. But it's totally right up my alley and is writing related, so we'll see (in a way that doesn't take focus away from Malcolm and Amelia, since I must. finish. them. immediately.).

Anyway, after that, I went directly to my former place of employment and had coffee with Gyre, since we haven't gotten together in awhile and he's headed to Dublin next week. We caught up for an hour, which was v. nice. Then, I went to Stanford library and worked from four to nine, with a break for supper (an aight cobb salad from Coupa). I still managed to obsess over Heiress's rankings (holding steady ~#120), but I also wrote fifteen pages. Not the twenty pages that I promised to write yesterday, so I guess you'll have to shoot me, but given that I spent so much time on the bookmarks/trading cards, I'll take it. Then I came home, talked to Terry for a bit, came upstairs, and spent the past three hours finishing the trading card stuff. Yes, my life is amazing.

And now, I must sleep -- Malcolm and Amelia await tomorrow, salivating for yet another attempt to kill me, and I must not let them win. Goodnight!

No comments: