Tuesday, February 28, 2012

you stole my star

I've stayed up later than I intended being less productive than I should have been, but I'm going to go to sleep rather than attempting to reclaim my work ethic. I woke up this morning hacking my lungs into my pillow, but I managed to drag myself down to Palo Alto, where I pseudo-trained with Alyssa. We were reassessing today, which meant it was going to be a light workout anyway since we spend a lot of an assessment session talking about goals and progress and stuff, but I was clearly in no shape to do a major workout, so we just did some light cardio and foam rolling after finishing with the reassessment. Then I sat in the sauna, which did seem to help a bit, before showering and getting dressed and attempting to gird my loins to go to Stanford and work all afternoon/night. But there wasn't enough girding in the world to convince myself to do it. So I ate a salad, grabbed some coffee, and drove back to the evil city, where I promptly worked half-heartedly for the rest of the afternoon/evening/night.

I didn't do as much editing as I intended today, but I did cross a bunch of stuff off my to-do list and reread most of the book, so that's good. Also, Katie called and we talked about the book for almost an hour, which was super helpful -- it was great to see where her feedback matched what the editor said and where her feedback differed, and what my gut reaction was to both sides of those arguments. And I listened to a super interesting YouTube video while cleaning my room about how you should never, under any circumstances, answer any questions posed to you by a cop. I'd encourage you all to listen to it sometime as well -- the video was really long (45mins), but starred a lawyer and a cop, and it's a little crazy how you could incriminate yourself without even realizing it out of a natural human desire to be helpful/defend yourself/tell the truth.

And now, I must sleep -- tomorrow is an all-day editing extravaganza, so don't expect tomorrow night's post to be any more cheerful. Goodnight!

No comments: