Thursday, March 22, 2012

here's something that you're never gonna forget

The title is definitely false advertising - you'll probably forget this even before you've finished reading the post. One might ask why I'm continuing to write, then, but if you're asking that question after all the years I've been blogging, you're in the wrong place.

Anyway, today's entry in my week of fun may not have looked like fun to an outsider. The first part was admittedly fun fun -- I wandered down the street, had a late breakfast more blocks from my house than I usually go, and reread everything I've written of Ellie and Nick's story so far (and I didn't hate it, so there's something positive for the day). Then I went to Sephora because I was out of foundation, but I made the mistake of letting someone make me over, and that someone happened to be the district trainer, who was v. good and upsold me on a more expensive foundation + primer, etc. Oops. I did look lovely though, even if my made-up face looked ridiculous with my unwashed hair and hoodie get-up.

Then I came home, and my afternoon went sideways into my version of fun -- reorganizing my bookshelves and notebooks. I can and did spend hours doing this, and my bookshelves look great, although I still need to clean up all the paper and notebook bits off the floor. Sometime around 6:30 I was too hungry to continue, so I reheated the chili I made the other night -- and then Terry came home, and I drank half a bottle of the wine I'd opened the other night, which made me a little tipsy. Then I spent the past few hours doing promo-related stuff for HEIRESS (which, fyi, is only $1.99 on Kindle and Nook for the next couple of weeks in preparation for SCOTSMEN's launch - so if you were waiting to buy it, now's the time!).

And now I really must sleep, and try to come up with something fun to do tomorrow. Read a book? Go to a museum? Organize the downstairs closet? The possibilities are endless!

No comments: