Friday, March 09, 2012

my only wish is i die real

I'm falling asleep over my keyboard, so I should really go to bed, but today was lovely (albeit not as productive as I had hoped, since I only worked on the manuscript from 4:30 to 5:30 and from 10pm to 1am). I spent the morning taking care of business issues beyond the book, including lining up a speaker for next month's romance meeting (which was crucial, since I was starting to panic about it). Then, I met up with a romance writer to have coffee in North Beach (aka Little Italy, which smelled of bread and pasta and made me hate my gluten intolerance). I'd never met her in person before, but we're twitter acquaintances and she was in town for the week, so we got together. As it turns out, she was really fun, so I'm glad we met in person.

After that, I stopped by City Lights bookstore, which I haven't been to in years, and bought too many books. Then I got to the car and my trip became even more expensive when I discovered that I'd lost my parking ticket -- so I had to pay the $27 lost ticket fee instead of the ~$7 that I would have paid for the time I was parked there. Boo. So I left the city quite annoyed, drove down to Palo Alto, and spent an hour or so working at Philz. Then, I met up with Tolu, Joann, and the original Jen for our usual friendship renewal dinner. Jen was in town from NYC and replaced Jane, who couldn't make it, since we seem to oddly always maintain exactly four people at these dinners. It was great to see them all, even if I did basically drive all the way to Sunnyvale for a salad. And Jen had ordered two copies of my book, one for me and one for her mom, and asked me to sign them -- which was the first time I've signed a book, and it made me super eager/nervous/excited, which was funny.

Post dinner, I came home and worked until now. And now, since every scrap of brain has been used on my manuscript (to the detriment of this post, which is neither interesting nor well-written), I need to go to bed. Soooo close to being done -- maybe tomorrow will be the end of it. Goodnight!

No comments: