Sunday, March 25, 2012

now you're just somebody that i used to know

I felt fairly hideous for most of the day, but I managed to rally and stick to my external plans, even if I spent the afternoon alternating between procrastinating at my desk and taking a two hour nap. My first plan was a friendship renewal brunch in a v. special location (San Francisco instead of Mountain View) and with a v. special guest (Lizzie, who now lives in Seattle). Sarah also came, which was awesome since I hadn't seen her (other than at my talk) in a year, which is unforgivable given how much I like her and the fact that we actually live in the same city now instead of on separate continents. Tolu and his wife Kristina came up from the south bay, and Jane came as well, so the six of us went to Chow (the restaurant close to where Adit and I used to live; we took my dad there pre-India in 2010). It was all quite lovely, and I'm glad I rallied...

...and then I came home and slowly crashed again, and ended up taking a nap from 4:30 to 6. I sat around drinking tea and feeling sorry for myself, but I rallied again just in time, and put on a dress, refreshed my makeup, picked up Chandlord, and went to the dirty, dirty Mission to have dinner with Katrina and her parents. The Mission may be dirtier than the Marina, but the food is generally better, and tonight was no exception -- Katrina had made reservations at Range, which was absolutely fantastic. I had an El Floridita cocktail (their version of a Hemingway daiquiri), a bit of Katrina's scallop appetizer, an amazing roast chicken with pancetta and potatoes (I normally don't order chicken at restaurants since it seems like a waste when I could have steak or pork or rabbit or anything else, but this was really a fantastic dish), and a bit of the flourless chocolate souffle we ordered at the end. Oh, and the company was great too; I'd never met Katrina's parents before, but they were delightful, and we ended up spending three and a half hours at the restaurant, which was fun.

Post restaurant, I dropped everyone off at their respective hotels/apartments, then came home and spent the past half hour catching up on the internet (mostly my sales rankings, which have slipped since launch but are still respectable -- we'll see what happens when SCOTSMEN comes out soon). And now I should really sleep so that I can make it to tomorrow's plans, which involve seeing the Hunger Games movie in the afternoon...wish me luck! Goodnight!

No comments: