Friday, March 02, 2012

show me why you deserve to have it all

It's definitely bedtime -- this weekend is all about finishing SCOTSMEN, and the more sleep I get now, the more refreshed I will be for hitting it hard tomorrow. I didn't get any writing done today, but it was still good; the majority of the late morning/afternoon was taken up doing judging for the Golden Heart, which was due today, and so I had to read all the entries (since I'd procrastinated, of course) and score them. Luckily, I got some really good ones, so it wasn't as onerous as some of my past judging experiences. And I did it from the comfort of Joanie's Cafe, followed by a wonderful couple of hours at Cafe Borrone (which I have abandoned because everything I love there has gluten in it, but I had a strawberry soda and enjoyed the atmosphere despite my eating woes).

After I finished, I met up with Heather (aka dear respected madam) for dinner, which was lovely, and we got all caught up on each others' lives. Then I drove back to the evil city, talked to Terry for awhile, came upstairs, and messed around on the internet for the past couple of hours. And now I need to stop procrastinating and just go to bed -- tomorrow I'm going to find a cafe and hole up to work on edits, so wish me luck!

No comments: