Tuesday, April 24, 2012

and the message coming from my eyes says leave it alone

I'm still sick, alas, but I'm not as feverish as I was yesterday, so perhaps I'll survive. I slept for ten or eleven hours last night, which surely helped, and it's a good thing since I can't sleep for ten hours tonight -- eight or nine will have to cut it. I'm sure that gets so much sympathy from all you day-jobbers, right?

Anyway, while I did no writing, I did force myself to take care of a lot of things that had been piling up that I kept avoiding, which was good. I wasn't maximally productive, but since I felt like death, that's probably to be expected. I also dragged myself out of the house to buy soup and cold medicine, which was a valuable outing. Sometime late this afternoon I got sick of sitting at my desk, so I relocated to the couch and watched the Mike Wallace tribute episode on "60 Minutes", which was both good and bittersweet. Terry's sister came over as I was finishing it, and we watched some more TV until Terry came home. MK left shortly thereafter, but Terry and I watched tonight's "The Voice", followed by "Smash", which has an amazing cast and a terrible script. And now I should really go to bed -- I have to go to my old place of employment tomorrow to give a career development talk to a team of newbies, so I actually have to get up and get dressed, etc., before noon. Ugh. Goodnight!

No comments: