Thursday, April 26, 2012

bury me in satin

I think I've figured out what I'm going to do with this blog. I'm going to start blogging more regularly on my romance blog, feeling out what I like to share there and how I like to structure those posts. Then, I'll slowly start cutting back here, until eventually that blog lives and this one dies. Or maybe this one still lives, but it's more a once or twice a week thing than an every day thing. Or something. I'm still playing around with my thoughts on this, but something's gotta give...so we'll see [cue ominous music]. But I wrote a post on the romance blog tonight for the first time in ages (about Anzac Day and the invasion of Gallipoli during WWI), so check it out if you're interested.

sssanyway, today was lovely; I woke up at 7:30, which is utterly absurd and unwelcome, but I still wasn't feeling 100% and so couldn't go back to sleep. So I took care of stuff from my bed, ultimately showered, etc., and ate breakfast/lunch around noon. Somewhere in there I made the completely unexpected discovery that SCOTSMEN had suddenly jumped up to #20 on the Nook for Regency romance, which took me totally by surprise, and I didn't get much done the rest of the afternoon from sheer excitement. Yes, I'm a child. But I did swap a bunch of clothes in my closet and put away some wintery things that I doubt I'll wear again for awhile, and I cleaned my room (in preparation for our cleaning lady coming tomorrow, of course). And I went downtown and got my bangs trimmed and my brows waxed and tinted, which was a nice little interlude.

I should have worked tonight, but instead I sloughed off and had dinner with Terry and Lauren (aka Subz) at Mamacita. I'd never been there before, but the food was great; my enchiladas were surprisingly super spicy, which I wasn't expecting, but they were still tasty, and the guac and the margaritas were great. Subz was in rare form, so it was good to get together and quite fortuitous that we already had dinner plans together tonight. A great time was had by all (in what I hope is a good precursor/omen for our upcoming vacation together), and I came home feeling v. full, still sick, slightly ulcery, and ready to go to bed. But since it was still 8:30pm, I refrained, and I did some work off and on from then until now.

And now, my darlings, I really must sleep in hopes that I will continue to feel better tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: