Monday, April 09, 2012

can you tell me how to get to sesame street?

I need to go to bed immediately so that I can sleep away the last of the dark circles under my eyes before my reading tomorrow night, but I'll persevere and tell you about my day so that my mother and Katie aren't deeply upset at me not blogging (even though I'm still sleeping in Katie's guest room and she knows exactly what I did today). I slept in this morning, and then spent a lazy morning doing stuff online (including some annoying little bits for the awards ceremony I'm planning). I also made myself breakfast/lunch, consisting of virtually the same things I always eat (scrambled eggs, oatmeal, and blackberries). I was similarly mostly lazy in the afternoon, and kept considering writing, but instead spent over an hour on the phone with my parents since we missed our usual Sunday call yesterday. So, no Nick and Ellie writing today, but I'm almost in the mood; I think I'll hit it hard when I get home this week.

Anyway, when Katie and James got home from work, we made supper; they made a big salad, and I made that truffle butter pasta that I love to make, although we tried it was a rice pasta instead of the usual flour pasta. I thought the rice pasta was a slight downgrade, but only slight -- gluten-free pasta may work in my diet after all. So we enjoyed that, then watched a bit of tv, and then stumbled across a documentary on PBS called "Being Elmo" about Kevin Clash, the Muppeteer who created and still voices Elmo. We ended up watching the whole thing, even though it was well past Katie's usual bedtime by the time it was over, and it was so good -- really moving and inspiring. And I really just want to be Kevin Clash, or possibly just hug him a lot. So if you get a chance to watch it, you definitely should!

And now, friends, it's bedtime; I'm having lunch with a fellow romance writer tomorrow, and my event is tomorrow night, so I must get my rest. Goodnight!

No comments: