Saturday, April 14, 2012

if i was your boyfriend

I'm flippin' exhausted, and even though it's not quite 10:30, I'm going to go to bed - yes, crazy, I know. I got up at 7:30 this morning so that I could go to Berkeley for my romance meeting, which went quite well even though I had to skip the first half of it to go to the Apple store in Emeryville, wait for it to open, and then buy every type of computer-to-projector connector they had because our guest speaker didn't have one and the meeting location has an ancient projector with no Mac adapters. However, I made it back to the meeting just in time, and all was well. The speaker was really excellent (all about Goodreads), and lunch after was fun (I got to catch up with my friend Grace, which was lovely). Then, the speaker and I hung out for a couple of hours (including returning all the other adapters that we didn't need) before I dropped him off at the Oakland airport.

After that, my day took a sharp downturn when it took almost an hour and a half to get over the bridge back into the city...a distance of <10mi. I wanted to shoot myself, but I survived. Then I met up with Heather and Salim for an early Thai dinner, since they were in the city for another event and asked if I wanted to hang out. We had a delightful time, and I'm glad they waited for me to make it back to the city. When they left, I was about to go home, but I got a text from Chris Boyd asking if I wanted to have dinner, so I met up with him, John, and Jess, and we went out for a second Thai dinner (although I only had wine, since I was completely stuffed). When I finally got home, I was surprised and delighted to find Lisa and Doug here with their small child, since they were hanging out with Terry. So I hung out with them until they left, then came upstairs with the intention of reading, but I'm too tired. So I'm going to go to bed, then get up tomorrow and work on some fun marketing stuff (ha) -- goodnight!

No comments: