Sunday, April 08, 2012

money for nothing and the chicks for free

Today was laid back and lovely. My morning was incredibly lazy; I dragged myself out of bed in time to hang out with Katie and James for a bit before Easter Mass (for them, not for me, since I am a heathen). After they got back, Katie made lunch (shrimp pasta, yum), and we hung out over a leisurely lunch. Her brother Tim was in town for the weekend visiting her sister-in-law's sister, and so he and his family came over in the afternoon -- but I vacated and spent three hours at a coffee shop, since I have a ridiculous amount of work to do and needed to get through some of the most pressing bits on my to-do list. I didn't do any writing at all, but I did take care of some important tasks, so that's great. And I made it back in time to spend twenty minutes or so catching up with Tim and crew, which was great.

When they left, we sat around and were v. lazy, then ordered Thai delivery - yum. Katie tried to lure me into watching 'The Scorpion King' dubbed in Spanish, but I tried to do a bit more work instead. Then we watched Joan Rivers's "Fashion Police" and last week's "The Soup", so I think I'm all caught up on the latest celebrity gossip. Katie and James have to go to work tomorrow (what is with people having to go into offices? lame), so it's an early night tonight -- and I think I'll go to bed now too, since I could use a full day of productivity tomorrow if I want to start feeling even remotely caught up on my to do list. Goodnight!

No comments: