Sunday, April 29, 2012

not so fireproof

Today was amazing. I'm not even sure that I should blog about it, because you're going to be super jealous, and I don't want you to feel bad :(

But I shall blog anyway, because that's what I'm expected to do. I got up somewhat early and took care of some romance writer tings this morning before getting ready to finish my romance video shoot. And really, the video shoot took up the entire day -- the video itself was over by four p.m., but since I was drinking throughout the shoot and then went to a wine bar after, I was in no shape to do anything productive afterward. Lauren (aka Subz) was the first extra, and she arrived a little before 1pm to shoot one of the scenes. I popped open a bottle of champagne for her, and the champagne itself might not have gotten me into trouble, but adding whisky to my mint tea in one of the shots certainly didn't help my cause. Katrina showed up at some point to provide moral support, and Vidya came later to do the second scene, and it all went very well...

...but I will admit that I drank enough alcohol to float an armada, which helped me to get into character, so I'm chalking it up as productivity. We filmed the final scene and were done by 4 or 4:30, and then Chandlord and I went to a wine bar down the street and continued our drinkfest until it was time for her to go to dinner. Terry collected me at that point and we came home, ordered Indian food, and started to watch Mad Men, but the scene where John Slattery's character does LSD was waaaay too confusing in my inebriated state, and I ended up taking a wee bit of a nap rather than watching the show. But Terry roused me with the second half of "How To Train Your Dragon", which was much more my speed, and then I rallied and watched TV with her the rest of the night.

And now, alas, I must go to bed; I need to do as much work as possible the next few days because I'm going to Mexico on Friday (yay!) and intend to leave my laptop at home (crazy, I know). Goodnight!

No comments: