Thursday, April 12, 2012

so let's set the world on fire

Today was pretty much hideous. I had to be out of bed at 7:45 so that I could shower, get dressed, pack up, etc., and vacate the place before my landlord showed up at 9 to fix the washer/dryer, since I didn't want to be here while he was. So I went to Morning Due, where I was moderately productive and wrote a couple of pages of Ellie/Nick before checking my sales rankings on Amazon and discovering that someone had left a shitty, harsh, untrue (at least to me, since I have the mistaken belief that my writing is polished and my characters aren't cardboard) review of SCOTSMEN on Amazon, which they felt so strongly about that they also posted it on Barnes and Noble and Goodreads. Assholes. I'm not supposed to respond to reviews, and so I didn't -- she's entitled to her opinion, etc., etc. But that didn't make me feel any better, so I went to a stationery store and bought myself a new fountain pen and a bottle of ink, which was exactly the retail therapy I needed. Then I came home, ate some ice cream, had a conference call with some other writers who are considering self-pubbing, and talked to my mom for awhile.

At that point, Terry was home, and since I was clearly having a lousy day, we went to Tortilla Heights, where we ordered a pitcher of margaritas, and I drank all but a glass and a half of the pitcher. Ha. By the time we got home (at eight p.m.), I was well and truly soused, which made for an entertaining evening for Terry even if it means I'm going to be ridiculously hungover tomorrow. And now, I believe I shall go to bed, so that by the morning I may forget about that bitchy review and get back to Nick and Ellie, who are begging me to tell their story. Goodnight!

No comments: