Wednesday, April 25, 2012

talk about it somewhere only we know

I'm super sleepy, and also still sick, which is a total bummer. Also, I'm pretty sure my ulcer friend is back; I'd thought ulcer friend was back in Denver and had started taking acid blockers, but stopped taking them when I got home because I felt better, but now after a week off of them, my stomach hurts and I feel nauseated...so, acid blockers again. Stupid ulcer friend.

sssanyway, I woke up feeling quite ill, but I managed to shower, dry my hair, etc., and drag myself down to Mountain View to have lunch with a former coworker and give a career development talk to the team she's now working on. Yes, it's ridiculous that they invited someone who resigned to give a talk on career development, but that's the way they roll (and I have at least two more pending invitations, which I find hilarious). The talk went well and was entertaining, at least to me, and my old boss Dave vc'd in to listen to it from Ann Arbor, which was v. nice of him. After the talk, I hung out with Heather (aka dear respected madam) and retrieved the sandals I'd left at her house last week before grabbing some coffee, checking my mail in Palo Alto, and driving back to the evil city, where I wrote down some epiphanies about the gargoyle series, then sat on the couch in a sad sort of torpor and tried to ignore my ulcer friend.

When Terry got home, though, we watched an episode of "Bones", then filmed another segment of the video we're working on for my romance alter ego. I may be dimwitted, but I do recognize that it's probably not a good idea to mix a virulent cold, cold medicine, ulcer friend, acid blockers, and alcohol -- so I did this segment sober, which went well even if I was clearly a bit more tightly-wound than I was in the other segment we filmed. But I still managed to dress myself up like a hot mess, so I think it will all work out. The footage (we'll call it the 'dailies' even though we're far from being a legit production company) looked pretty good, though, and I found a Creative Commons license for some classical music to use over the intro/credits, so things are shaping up. Hopefully we'll finish taping this weekend and I can share it with you in all its ridiculous glory sooner rather than later! But now, I must sleep so that my throat/lungs/sinuses/stomach lining can heal themselves -- goodnight!

No comments: