Thursday, April 12, 2012

tell the world i'm coming home

First, happy birthday Aunt B! I should have called today, but I took a nap during prime calling hours, and then didn't want to interrupt any birthday fun with her scandalous husband. Oops. But happy birthday anyway!

Second, I'm back in San Francisco. My day started off on a surreal note; I had to get up at 5:45 (surreal bit number one), but I was ready to go when the cab showed up ten minutes early (surreal bit number two). Katie came downstairs to say goodbye to me, and it was v. sad since I had an awesome time and wanted to continue having an awesome time instead of coming home and facing my utterly out of control to-do list. But I went out to my cab instead of bailing on my flight, and discovered surreal bit number three: the cabbie had his dog (some sort of terrier) with him, and after the dog crawled all over me, the dog spent the rest of the cab ride to the airport riding in the cabbie's lap. I'm pretty sure this is highly suspect, if not illegal, and I'm glad I took my allergy meds this morning -- but I got to the airport in one piece and for half the price of a sedan car, so I suppose I'll take it. (?)

Once at the airport, I discovered that the Denver airport is not pleasant to fly out of; I'm glad I got there an hour and forty minutes before my flight, since it took forty minutes to get through security. But I had time for a quick breakfast before boarding, which was much appreciated. And the flight was utterly uneventful, with one of the nicest flight attendants I've had in recent memory, so that was good. On the ground, I claimed my bag, recovered my car, drove to the city, bought groceries, and came home. Then I tried to be productive, but ended up taking a nap instead. Still, I did get some stuff done this afternoon/evening, including a guest blog post I had to do (should be up on Friday), a bunch of emails that had been piling up (email me like you're a reader or promo person if you want a response from me; my personal gmail has emails that are weeks old and still waiting for a response), etc.

Terry got home from work around six, so we hung out and caught up for a couple of hours. One of her sisters is staying with us this weekend, which I'd forgotten, but that explained the giant duffel bag of engineering text books I found in the living room when I got home today, since the sister is taking a two-day open book engineering certification thing tomorrow and Friday. Eventually, though, I came back upstairs to work, and I accomplished the most pressing bits of what I set out to do, so I think it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: