Friday, April 27, 2012

we run the night

I'm dangerously close to too late to blog - I took some cold medicine fifteen minutes ago, and I'm about to collapse on the keyboard. So, briefly, today was lovely - I went down to Palo Alto to reconnect with Alyssa (and found that I'm still making progress, albeit slowly and with less muscle building, without her). It was great to see her, and we reassessed everything and did an abbreviated workout. I'm going to get together with her again at the beginning of June and see whether there's some way that we can work together without me having to drive down to Palo Alto all the time, but more on that when I actually make some decisions. Post workout, I met up with two writer friends, and we discussed the industry and life over a nice, leisurely lunch at my favorite cafe. Then I went to Target, washed my car, and hung out at Philz for a couple of hours to get a bit of work done (but it's never enough...but I need to stop thinking that, since I'm clearly destroying the lining of my stomach by never letting myself be satisfied with what I've accomplished, sigh).

After Philz, I met up with Terry for dinner; she was coming down to Palo Alto, which is why I stayed down there. So we had dinner, and then as I was walking to the bank to deposit a check, I ran into Lauren (aka Subz) and Suzanne; Suzanne still works for my old place of employment, and they were catching up over dinner/drinks, so it was quite entertaining to run into them in Palo Alto since none of us live there. I hung out with them for half an hour or so, then came back to the evil city, took care of some tings, and am now going to bed. My cold is getting slightly better but hasn't healed itself, so I think nine or ten hours of sleep is in order. Goodnight!

No comments: