Friday, April 13, 2012

you light up my world like nobody else

I'm in a much better mood today, even if I did get up at seven a.m. - bizarre, I know. Since I went to bed at ten, I really didn't need any more sleep than that. It's a feat I need to repeat tonight, since I have my romance meeting tomorrow morning and I have to be in the east bay by 8:45, but we'll see whether I continue this trend (methinks I won't; I got up at 6:30 for two years while I was living in the city and driving to the south bay, and I clearly stopped that as soon as possible).

Anyway, I left the house around ten and hung out at a cafe for a few hours. I didn't get any writing done, but I did spend the day carefully crafting newsletters to my friends/family and my reader mailing lists. The emails were short, but it takes a ridiculous amount of time to write them, test them, make sure they look right, etc., etc. I got them out, though, and since that was the main task hanging over my head, I'm glad I'm done. Now if I can bust out a couple of guest blogs this weekend and get through the other little promo things still clouding my to-do list, maybe I can avoid the internet next week and write like a madwoman.

Terry got home around six, and we ended up ordering a pizza, having a couple of cocktails, and watching "Get Him To The Greek", which, oddly, just made me want to be a rockstar (I'm pretty sure that's not the takeaway Russell Brand was going for). Then I cleaned up the kitchen, came upstairs, and am considering reading a book for an hour before going to bed...goodnight!

No comments: