Wednesday, May 16, 2012

i feel my heart start beating to my favorite song

First up, happy [censored] to [censored], who turns [censored] today! Yay!

I'm super sleepy, and didn't get nearly as much done as I intended tonight (story of my life), so I think I'll go to bed. I spent last night at the hospital with my dad - it's no wonder patients leave the hospital exhausted, since they came in every hour to check on something or other. My mother and [censored] showed up around 6:30am, so I promptly abandoned them all and went off to sleep for a couple of hours. I woke up around 11, showered, packed up my tings, went to the hospital again and ate lunch with my mother, and then hung out with my dad for a bit before everyone and their mother started showing up to check him over again. At that point, I left again and drove home; since [censored] is spending the night at the hospital tonight, I came home to feed and water the flora and fauna and take care of the various errands that needed to get taken care of. That included stopping by to say hi to Gram, feeding the feral barn cats at her house, watering dad's miniature cows (pics to come - they're adorbs), and getting the mail (I walked out to get the mail rather than driving, so no attempt at bonus points this time -- I was approaching the box from the south on the way back from Gram's house and didn't think I could turn around and reverse up to the box in the truck without destroying it).

Anyway, things with my father are going really well, so that's good news. And I'm enjoying driving his pickup, although I learned something new -- a three-quarter-ton truck doesn't weigh 1500lbs, but rather is certified to *carry* 1500lb. This is a crucial distinction, since I parked it yesterday on the top level of a parking ramp that said any vehicles over 6000lb were prohibited -- and [censored] estimated that this truck weighs at least four tons. Who knew? Not me, at least, even if this is a well-known fact to other people. Luckily I didn't collapse the garage, and I didn't park there again, so I live to screw up in some other way tomorrow. Since I intend to stop for diesel on the way back up to Des Moines, I'll get plenty of practice!

And now, I must sleep; I'm going back to Des Moines in the morning and likely spending tomorrow night at the hospital, so I should rest up and get some work done in the morning before going up. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trying to leave a happy birthday message from granada but keyboard not helping matters.