Thursday, May 03, 2012

she's a little runaway

Extreme productivity + bad decision making = long, long day. I woke up before eight entirely on my own, which was bizarre; I was going to go back to bed, but I saw a couple of emails I needed to answer, so I did that instead, and then I was wide awake. So, I took care of a bunch of stuff, showered, talked to my parents, and was out the door by eleven to grab some food and work at Morning Due. I only stayed there for one 'shift' (how I think about my time there, since I have to move my car every two hours due to parking restrictions in the neighborhood), since I had a bunch of errands to run - so I left, went to a party store to buy gloves for a video I'm supposed to shoot (completely unrelated to my own video), then went to a liquor store to stock up on alcohol (yes, this is important), then came home, did laundry, and kept working down my massive to-do list. I surprisingly got through just about everything I intended to accomplish today -- tomorrow is still going to be a brutal slog, though, particularly since I have a snap, unplanned appointment with my gynecologist in Palo Alto tomorrow morning (TMI, but I tried to renew my birth control and they wouldn't refill it unless I got an exam, since it's been a year and a half, and they had a cancelation for tomorrow that I could take...boo). And in 32 hours I'll be on a plane to Mexico, so I really must get stuff done before then!

Tonight I was prepared for a long slog with the laptop, and I was all settled in to do it -- I had ordered and eaten some pizza, settled in on the couch, and started watching "The Two Towers" as motivation for my work (since nothing motivates me more than watching Aragorn do his save-the-world ting). But then Adit called and asked if I wanted to hang out (or, in Adit form, told me I was hanging out). I certainly didn't have time for it, but I hadn't seen him and Priyanka in a month and won't see them again for at least another month, so I put aside the laptop, put on some pants, paused Aragorn in all his dirty splendor, and went with Adit and Priyanka to second dinner (which I didn't eat any of, thus intensifying the drinks I had instead).

They wanted to go to a pizza place in Russian Hill (or Polk Gulch?), but the line was long, so we put our name in (to a fancy iPad that texted us five minutes before our table was ready, allowing us to wander away) and then went down the street to another restaurant/bar to have drinks while we waited. My drink was excellent, although slightly marred by the waitress, who, when I asked her whether it was a good choice, asked "have you ever had a mojito before?" Did I look like I climbed out from under a fucking Prohibition-era rock? Anyway, we finished our drinks, went to the pizza place, ordered a bottle of wine, and proceeded to talk about self-publishing, the economy, and politics for ages. Then I came home, let some of my buzz wear off while watching Aragorn march on Rohan, and then wrote a guest blog post for my publicist. And now, I really must sleep, particularly since I'm now destined to sleep for approximately 5.5 hours...sadness. Goodnight!

No comments: